Intengible

Just a glance

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Alcohol overdose

I returned yesterday from my company's graduate development program. It was a nice opportunity to leave work! This week has been awesome, with Monday a public holiday, one day work on Tuesday, then off to this getaway at Moss Vale for three days and two nights.

The days felt much longer than my normal work day, indeed it was because the intensive program ran from 8am to 5.30pm everyday. Yes I'm whining about an extra hour of "work"! I don't usually take the incentive to do overtime, simply because we are not paid for OT.

Overall, the development program was well organised. This is the second of four such programs that I have to attend, along with the other new graduates. The remaining two programs will be held in Western Port and Melbourne. I'm excitedly waiting for that so that I can get a free trip to Melbourne!

We learnt about team work model on the first day, project management training on the second day, and business understanding and site tour on the final day. In addition to a high class accommdation and good quality buffet-style food, we were rewarded with an open bar - free flow of beer and wine - oh my, how the ah mohs loved that so much, drinking away as the night dragged on. Sometimes it feels hard to mix with them at this point, you just don't know what to else to say after a while. I'd rather retreat to my room and have a nice hot bath and watch the Masters tennis series on Foxtel. I'm getting sick of red wine in particular by now, especially after the Port Stephens wine-gulping forfeit.

And thank goodness that my housemate uses a Sony Ericsson mobile phone. I had left my mobile phone charger in my room at Moss Vale. Grrrr...how forgetful. A game of cards prevailed for my Friday night entertainment, with red wine as penalty for a Black Jack and getting 1.5 times of chip payment. Sounds unfair but you gain and you lose! Haha...enough of alchohol for now.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *jealous*. ur grads prog sounds so much more interesting and mind developing. mine seems to be stuck in park gear.. not even 1st gear. i'm so bored i could almost swear mushrooms are starting to grow on me. extremely tempted to start applying for jobs again

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whoops... that was me.. -G-

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger teng said…

    That's the beauty of working in big companies in oz. Most Msian comps don't care less about organising such things. However, it is still its first ever grad prog.

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm supposedly the 2nd batch of young engineers. like crap la. have an interview on thursday after work. hehehehe
    -G-

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger teng said…

    Wah nautee...still looking for other jobs eh? Hehe

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, they can't except me to stay long if they give me nothing to do and expect me to know everything

    -G-

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Why aren't they giving you anything to do? At least give you some boring Excel spreadsheet work to start with? No?

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nope. but i did get some excel work off the secretary. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home