Intengible

Just a glance

Sunday, October 02, 2005

The long awaited weekend

It's so rare to really enjoy a public holiday, and to rave about having a long weekend to friends in Melbourne. Certainly when you've stepped into the working world, Labour Days are appreciated so much more than when you were a student, and that wasn't too long ago for me, thank you very much. The amount of work I had coupled with after-work activities were pretty overwhelming and noted by my lack of journal entries since last Tuesday. It's good to be a busy little bee.

Saturday: Picnic-king
Went for a picnic with my church small group at Stanwell park. Wonderful chardonnay, crackers&cheese, soy crisps and good company make a simple picnic extravagant.


Having a go at archery...I wasn't too bad!



Rest point while enjoying the scenery



Breathtaking!



Sunday: Record-breaking drive
Clocked up close to 350kms in a day's drive to Blue Mountains. Woo hoo! A record drive for me. I know it wasn't on the list of "To Go" places since I've already been there 4 years ago. But I'll list it and strike it out anyway as explored attractions, although we didn't do Jenolan Caves. That would probably be a separate trip.

Driving isn't all that scary, though for the time being I'll try to avoid driving into Sydney at all cost. We took the scenic route and stopped by a few lookouts before arriving at the famous Three Sisters. I was unfortunate, yet again, to not have proper pictures taken here. My digicam battery went flat just before we got there. Photos of the same place on my previous trip 4 years ago were forever lost when my friend's apartment got ransacked and the camera stolen. I hope my luck with cameras will change the next time I'm there for a third visit, if ever that happens. Maybe I've been seriously jinxed, the Three Sisters were after all turned into stones by their magician father.


Wentworth Falls Lookout



Lunch at Leura, a town close to Katoomba



Snapped a cockatoo perching on a Porsche parked at the side of the road near the waterfall cascade stop


Monday: Rest&Relax
List of things to do:
1) Call to check if combat class is running. Attend if yes.
2) Wash my filthy car
3) Clean the cat's poo tray
4) Do the laundry
5) Clear books, receipts and papers lying around the living room
6) Mop the floor
7) Play netball
8) Bernard's place for dinner [edit: well not quite, since I was incapacitated, dinner was brought to my house instead....the power of a "disabled person".]

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh yeah... the camera... and the film inside! and my old ericsson t10 and my t28 charger!! baka!

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger teng said…

    yeah man...old memories. those thieves even took the charger?!?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home