Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Shockwave survivor

I thought I could conquer it. Easy.
I thought it would be a breeze. No worries.
A friend that I just met thought I was way cool. Impressive.

I was SO wrong.

My arms were clutching the overhead chest rest so tight that I really thought I was going to fall straight into the earth's core everytime my bum was lifted off the seat. The screams did not stop for even one second. I admit I was scared to bits. My heart was frantically trying to beat properly. The pulsations continued at an irregular pace even after I got off the ride. But then, I tried to look cool after all that, with head still dizzy and the sky spinning around me.

After all, it has been about 10 years since I last rode it in Hong Kong's Ocean Park. This shockwave was just one of many amusement rides at the Corrimal Festival last Sunday, up north from where I live. Though the street parade was a bit of a let down, the people's spirits were up, dancing and singing away.

You won't find me doing this ride again for the next 10 years.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home