Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, September 12, 2005

Diagnosis of a senior twice your age

Maybe he's shy around females... but I wasn't the first female around.
Maybe he hates talking... but communication is important to an engineer.
Maybe he's too busy... but you can't be THAT busy to say more than a 'Hi'.

I acknowledge the different level in experience and superiority, senior engineer versus a fresh grad, yada yada...Somehow I get this aura around him that he just doesn't like talking to me. All the other blokes would stop to ask how I'm doing and how was my weekend... you know the typical questions to start off a conversation. I don't think it's fair to impose his lousy mood on me. I'm just getting impatient having to deal with this old guy everytime I see him making his tea in the kitchen.

Seriously I don't really need to get along with the old mecho guy. I don't have any dealings with him, unless I'd be so lucky to work with him on the same project. Highly unlikely.

And today he walked past, letting the door swing shut on me without holding it open for others like everyone else does.

Maybe he's just a snob.
Maybe I should just ignore him.

Lord, please help me. I need to dig out more of your patience tablets.

Maybe a little kindness pills.
Maybe a sprinkle of joy dust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home