Intengible

Just a glance

Saturday, February 24, 2007

The red saga continues

When I received the 2nd call "ARE YOU HERE YET?", I knew I had to somehow orb myself to the party house, but I couldn't.

I was almost two hours late to the abovementioned destination, no thanks to the long queue at the immigration department. Arriving at the office close to 8am, the queue was as long as the longest snake could be, the line starting from the 2nd floor all the way down 2 flights of stairs and along the shops on the ground floor! To join in or not to join in the queue, that was the question. I soon became one of them.

Tucked in the corner was a man happily making profits by photocopying identity cards and birth certificates, as well as a woman merrily snapping away passport-approved photos at ridiculous prices. It's called the convenience price - most people pay for it anyway, including yours truly. The photo turned out rather sloppily because I had no makeup on and no cheek blushers on. And to add to the long-suffering photo I have to endure with for the next five years, the close-up photo accentuated my one-eye-big-one-eye-small deficiency! Yes I call it a deficiency! I shouldn't make a fuss of this, most people do not have two perfect sized eyes. Ahh yes I feel slightly better. Only slightly.

I finally reached SW's house, apologising profusely for being late. Nonetheless, we all had a good time hopping from one house to another, collecting red packets and eating to the hearts' content.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger DaphStar* said…

    Oh and you forgot, battling the heat.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Talking about heat, Penang now is so bloody HOT!! Had to retreat to the shopping mall to cool down!!

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great info to know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home