Intengible

Just a glance

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My valentine's day gift

My head is spinning. I know I shouldn't stress, but I can't help but worry. The odds are not looking good for me to be selected as one of the "lucky" few. And when I mean lucky in inverted commas, is that the job on offer is different and the fickle-minded, no brainer, running-round-in-circles, management are apparently, or so I hear, looking for senior people to fill that role. So much for their outloud determination to look after the graduates. I hate these crazy politics.

And I will be leaving for Malaysia next Wednesday, and on the same day, the announcement will be made on their preferred candidates, and mind you, only 8 out of 21 will be picked, 3 out of 8 from my group of 13. The unlucky ones left behind, or perhaps lucky since those abovementioned roles are not quite what most people want to be doing as a job, will be shoved somewhere. And if those somewheres are filled up or cease to exist at time of shoving, then it's please look after your own self, thanks for your work, see ya later.

My much anticipated holiday could not have come at a better time.

Today's prayer of the day, as I flipped the calendar page over before I left for work this morning, read "Thank you Lord for being so faithful". My all time favourite chicka had been waiting to hear from a job that she really wanted, one that pays well, is enjoyable, and in a good environment where she can be treated well. She was almost giving up, uncertain about the future and her career. But God is just awesome. After 8 months and 5 days (yes, she's been counting!), she heard back from the company yesterday, accepted the job and resigned from the company she really needs to get out of. The irony of it all, is that round about the same time, my job became uncertain. What a role-swapping experience this is going to be. Sounds like I'll be drawing on her strength instead.

I need to do something, but I'm too stressed out to do anything. I really needed this holiday, but the break isn't doing me any good now. Sleeping sounds good now.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pray... And our prayers will be with you too... Trust that He knows and wants what will be best for you - regardless if you think this is the best for you...

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Thanks heaps for the encouragement. I'm praying for your mum too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home