Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, January 01, 2007

Finally, it's Christmas

This is my fifth year celebrating Christmas without my family. Guess it has become a norm, and I've never been worried at all. This Christmas I got adopted into two families for the celebrations while kindly rejecting a few other invites. I wished I could have attend them all. It's okay to be greedy during Christmas! :)

I spent lunch at one of my best mate's place down in Nowra. It was so good to see her parents again, as well as her four younger sisters whom I dearly miss. I've always been jealous of friends who can share slash interchange shoes and jewellery with their sisters. Having a little brother who is only two years my junior, we were playing car toys, watcing Transfomers on telly and building houses with legos. I didn't even have a Barbie doll unlike other normal girls. But, I like the abnormality - perhaps a very good thing in the end to help my survival in a male-dominant profession.

Dinner soon cropped up, and I enjoyed a tasty sophisticated dinner on a very well decorated dinner table, complete with table runners, bon bons, alternating coloured dinner plates and candles. Conversations on the dinner table were never ending, laughters were almost continuous, funny/disastrous childhood stories were precious.

I love Christmas.

Happy Feet

This has to be one of the best animated film I've seen so far. Though initially a little bit concerned as to how I will be able to distinguish one penguin from the other, I didn't have much trouble after all, a tiny achievement that may slowly help to remove the "sotong" a.k.a. "blur" title awarded to me ages ago.

With big names such as Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Hugh Jackman, and Nicole Kidman lending their voices, this was one of the much anticipated movies. Before long, I'd found myself moving and tapping to the invigorating music as the crazy singing dancing penguins render their heartsongs. If you are as naive as I am with these fluffy birds that live in the Antartic, you'll probably not only believe that a penguin can dance, but that he can also save the world.

My fav has got to be those jabbering amigos! Love the hilarious small talks! And I didn't expect to jump out of my seat during one of the chase sequences, where Mumble, the star penguin outcast who couldn't sing a single note, was desperately trying to elude a hungry leopard seal. Seriously fun to watch. Spectacular. And I know I should shut up now. :) Go watch those fluffy darlings.

Will write more soon

It's almost midnight and I haven't finished packing nor writing. I'm off scuba diving for the next four days. I'll be back. Oh, and happy new year everyone!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger Jon Lai said…

    scuba DIVING? I'm jealous!!

    And HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY too!!!! :) You're entitled to be greedy on your birthday too you know!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Ee Laine said…

    Hello Siew Teng,

    Happy Birthday!! Hope you enjoy yourself and have a wonderful day.

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:) have an awesome year ahead, you!!*hugs*

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger sthyan said…

    Blessed Birthday, Siew Teng!!! may you be blessed with a beautiful day!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday!!!

    *There's nothing wrong with Transformers :D

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger teng said…

    wow thanks guys for remembering my birthday. love you all! :)

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no! u liked happy feet? but it was so corny... and cheesy.. and they made cute little mumble grow up to be such a social retard! poor penguin.. didn't have a chance

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger teng said…

    a social retard at the beginning but a hero at the end, breaking conservative thoughts and creating acceptance

     

Post a Comment

<< Home