Intengible

Just a glance

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

'Tis the season for christmas parties

The silly season is here. And about time too. I can't remember my last break. That is so unhealthy! Perhaps the coming holidays will be much more enjoyable. Woo hoo can't wait.

In the lead up to the all important December day, chrissy parties are popping up like mushrooms I just can't keep up. Some had to be rejected. Some were too expensive while others were random get togethers. Though I can be that extra friendly and make new contacts, I decided to be selective in my "partying". Heh, and no I'm not a big party goer just in case you were thinking otherwise.

Who would have thought that playing lawn bowls would make a good social event? But that was exactly what my department got up to a couple of weeks ago for our christmas party. And I had always thought that lawn bowls and old people were associated with each other. Well not anymore. The moment we stepped foot on that green green grass of lawn bowls was the moment we all got competitive. Together with my partner in crime, Ovo, we were very focused on victory. Our competitors, Tappy and Missey, were tough to beat. We had plenty of laughs, trying to learn how to use the right amount of strength for the distance where the jack is placed. And frequently altering the distance of the jack after every game doesn't help either!

Soon it was time for some finger food and drinks. Before I could fill my tummy with enough chicken bites and deepfried spring rolls, I was handed a mobile phone. "It's the boss", said my colleague. And the first question through the speaker was "How much alcohol have you had?". My instant reply was "Too much to drive, boss!". No way was I going to go back to site and help some random dude who had stuffed up some piece of equipment and had absolutely no authorisation to make changes or had any backup plans. And so we continued on our merry way, eating and playing for a jolly good four hours.

That was one of the many parties I've attended, with the most recent being a food marathon last weekend, thanks to three christmas parties in a space of 24 hours. Unreal.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erm. Hopefully your boss:
    a) doesn't know how to use the web
    b) doesn't know about your blog (and never will)

    :P

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Yikes I hope so too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home