Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, December 01, 2006

Officially graduated

I'm back from a full-on four day residential development program in Moss Vale. This will be our last lavish stay at Peppers' golf resort. The rooms looked stunning as usual, except for the new white rocking chairs near the windows. I wonder what the deal is with that. Oh right, old people come to play golf and miss their rocking chairs. Do I sound mean enough? Great because I knocked my foot on one of its elevated edges. The only consolation was the sheer surprise of finding out that my new travelling toothpaste has dissolvable mint breath strips infused in it.

Weather report for the four days: day one extremely windy, day two super hot, day three cold as, and day four combo of all three. And I really thought I had left the crazy Melbourne weather behind me. Or maybe it followed me.

As usual there was a restricted selection of unlimited alcohol available from the bar, of which everyone took advantage of. Funny how I absolutely detest beer (except for Corona of course) yet I manage to persuade the bartender to sway from the original list and give us some better tasting beer. Talk about using the influencing skills we were learning about. I'm a fast learner. Ten minutes later, she was spotted minding the front office desk instead of tending the bar.

Food is good, not great. The only thing that the management should probably consider adding to their improvement punchlist is to hire a chef who has a passion for seafood or not have them at all for dinner. The prawns were overcooked, the deep fried calamari were soggy, the oysters served without lemons, boy I can go on but I won't because I was happy there's seafood.

On a more positive note, we met the most important person - the CEO. Surprised honoured blown away. We never expected to meet him, let alone sit around him in a casual manner and just, chat. Yeah we did talk about the golden moment where we can meet he who is so far removed from our level. Like wow. Even the president of our North American business came to present some slides to us. Like wow again. Opportunities like this don't even come close to those old dudes working their lifetime in the company.

Going back to work today after all that intensive training is just not right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home