Intengible

Just a glance

Saturday, October 07, 2006

What a week!

Finally, the countdown ended. It has been 15 weeks and 4 days after the last public holiday. Far too long, I'd say. A camping trip wasn't part of my initial idea of a relaxing long weekend, but I tagged along anyway. There were so many stuff to bring, far too many just-in-case items to pack, and just not enough car space to fit them all! And I'm talking about two girls in a red Toyota with a fully filled car boot and back seats just for two nights camping trip.

Moruya Heads was our destination. The caravan park where we pitched our tents was surprisingly very well equipped with tennis courts, volleyball courts, games room and clean toilet cabins, albeit having to move from one shower cubicle to the next if you decide to have a long hot shower. My portable gas stove certainly came in handy, with bacon and eggs every morning and stir fry kebabs for dinner. Mikey, one of the seasoned campers, had an impressive kitchenette set up in his car boot. That was really cool.

The nights were extremely cold. The boys were very effective in setting up the fire every night and playing guitars for Bob Marley sing-a-alongs. In all our laziness after a long drive to Moruya and setting up tents, we hopped on the back of Jono's ute, all fifteen of us, and drove as quietly as we can past the cranky owner's cabin at the front gate while trying as hard not to laugh everytime we rise and fall with the speed hump. The beach was so close yet so far! Such lazy buggers we are, and doing it illegally too. Hah! We ended up playing some sort of tag game, which then evolved into a tackle game. It was all fun playing in the dark and aided by two dolphin torches, until I sprained my thumb while frustratingly attempting numerous times to tackle Dane who runs like the wind. Oh well, at least Naomi and I did a pretty good job as a team.

It was all about the beach and water the next two days. Though it was fairly hot, the ocean was pretty cold. I ended up getting unevenly tanned, frequently switching between putting on my singlet and taking it off. Well, there's fickle-minded thinking for you. We also raided the outdoor sauna slash spa near the swimming pool. And to end our trip, we played water polo, cheater style, no rules. :)

Now it's back to work, stress, farewell dinner, Saturday at work, possibly tomorrow as well, panic Monday (for sure), and afternoon shift work on Tuesday, and I'm talking about a possible 12 hour shift. *deep breath*

"Believe in yourself" were Sam's parting words after Friday's farewell dinner for him. I will truly miss him, having conveniently bugged him for the last two years and seeking help in all my laziness just by yelling out to him across my desk. Don't stress, I can do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home