Intengible

Just a glance

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gifts are meant to be unwrapped

Hello!

I have just returned from a regional leaders meeting at the Novotel, feeling fresh and nourished with new revelations on how to become an effective leader and how not to stuff up as a leader. Leaders need people who are willing, people who are using their gifts effectively and not leave them in their Christmas gift boxes.

Pastor Ashley Evans, of Paradise Church in Adelaide, explained the FIVE mentalities that leaders need to be aware of that refrain people from being willing and available - an important all-time power factor that grows a church.

Mentality 1
I used to be willing, but not anymore.
Bad experiences or encouragement into the wrong area of ministry where people are not actually gifted will put people off.

Mentality 2
I am willing, but there are already other people doing it.
The assumption that leads to people watching at the sidelines.

Mentality 3
I am willing, but don't hurt me.
The truth to know is that we must expect turbulence in close relationships that can happen at church, even in your own family.

Mentality 4
I am willing, but I don't know what to do about it.
The practical side to ensure people discover their gifts.

Mentality 5
I am willing, but I can't see the value
The reminder to nourish and encourage volunteers in the church.

Here are some of the many ways that were suggested to help leaders will people into being willing.
> Be a surgeon - take the slow route in encouraging/developing people
> Be a Moses - make changes slowly
> Be picky, slowly - want volunteers, but never show you need them
> Be loving - smile, touch, remember names
> Be positive - always think WIN WIN

Awesome talk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home