Intengible

Just a glance

Saturday, August 05, 2006

And she made the fourth one in a week

Carrots were awfully cheap today. At 49cents a kilo, I grabbed two bags without second thoughts. Avocados were 49cents each, and so was a whole 2.5kg bag of oranges at an incredible 99cents. In they went into my shopping cart and before I knew it, I had spent a whoppping century figure today for groceries. Mum used to tease my fully-stocked pantry, as if I was preparing for the end of the world. But I like a filled pantry.

My maiden attempt at a carrot cake (well what else can I make? I've got tonnes of carrots now) almost went awry. Seconds after I gleefully closed the oven door, I realised that I had not used the baking powder and bi carb soda! Alarm bells rang, triggering an immediate retrieval of the dough from the oven. Quickly and evenly, I mixed the two missing ingredients into the cake mix and returned the pan into the oven. Thankfully, all was not lost and my carrot cake is yet, another success.

I should also mention that I attempted a roast pork today. Though absent-mindedly forgetting to wrap the bacon around the pork as per the recipe, it scores a pass by my standards. Guess it deserves a photo too.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger sthyan said…

    yumyum! my aunt cooks pork roast too but i think wrapping it up with bacon sounds like a delicious idea! lol. I'll recommend this to her next time she does it... thanks for the idea!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger teng said…

    you can use prosciutto too instead of bacon. imagine all those fat melting down into the pork. *slurp*

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey sweetie, what a cook! im too lazy to try, but if i were ever to impress anyone, you'd be the first on my mind. (: keep in touch dear! i'm keeping you in my prayers.

    DA

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger teng said…

    heya!! i've been real lazy this week to cook...haha. anyway you keep writing!

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i LOVE carrot cake! it looks good!! yummm!

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger teng said…

    haha...i'll bake one for you IF, and ONLY IF, you come visit me in the gong!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home