Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, July 13, 2006

And they say graduates have nothing to fear

There has been plenty of kerfuffle at work. Plenty of goss. Plenty of speculation. And yet, we are all expected to focus on our jobs.

I can't say that I'm doing very well either. Zits on my face tell it all. To say that I'm not worried is an understatement. Our future lie in the hands of newly appointed presidents who, so I've heard, have big ambitions of relinquishing the idea of external plant engineering services. Others have been quoted as expressing an interest in restructuring and absorbing engineers into the plant instead.

The first step from management is to sniff out any potential happy clappy ones wishing to be made redundant voluntarily. Some are waiting to hear their fate in the next few months, and that would include yours truly. Some are already applying for jobs elsewhere, and that would include 250 others who have already lost their jobs.

Where to from here? I'm not sure. And I have just begun to love doing what I'm doing now. Love engineering? One will never expect to hear that from someone who had a genie wishlist of morphing into anyone but an engineer. Seriously.

13 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey hun,... hang in there. at least u have an MNC in ur CV already. they might love u as much as u love ur job and decide to keep u anyway. i hate my job and am desperately looking for a new one. either that... or kill the manager. LOL. ever heard of the prison vs work comparison?

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger teng said…

    hellooo! What's an MNC? Geez I don't know if I shld start looking elsewhere. Even if I stay, future here doesn't look real flash.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's MultiNational Corporation.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Abbrevs...bleh! LOL!
    Hey Paul, how are you??

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger JT said…

    Well well, a job is a job. I guess the grass is alwyas greener on the other side. I don't like my job too. haha. who does?

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    call me an idealist, but i think it's possible to love what you do. i don't think it's too much to ask. i know i'm looking for job satisfaction. waking up wishing u were sick so u don't have to rock up to work... just isn't healthy. especially if u've fantasize about chasing a certain manager down the road and pelting that person with large pebbles and dunking him down the roadside toilet

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger teng said…

    hey at least you get to go to dubai later and check out that ski haven!

    now now, G, I'm getting concern who this manager you keep referring to is. :)

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't worry darling.... i'm not about to appear in the headlines for brutaly murdering the sucker. it's just fantasies that relieve my stress slightly. hehehehe.... *evil grin*

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger teng said…

    is it the manager you keep stealing the car spot from? *wink*

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no lah. i used to "fight for" the car spot with my colleague who is one year my senior, and who, by the way has left for oil and gas.. laughing all the way to the bank. and this manager again tried to be funny with my boss today. told my boss to update something... which he himself neglected to do. getting ppl to take his blame u know. what kind of manager is it? will fry ur ass to save his own sorry ass??

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger teng said…

    how about coming back to aussie to work? i miss our shopping days

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how is that possible without any real epxerience and no PR?

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger teng said…

    we are still short of engineers here. any experience counts. PR can apply - i'm sure you will meet the requirements

     

Post a Comment

<< Home