Intengible

Just a glance

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Glory for Italy

Finally, some real soccer from Italy in the dying moments of the game, which really looked as if it was going to be another one of those kick-in-a-penalty or forever-be-shamed shootouts. I had strong predictions the Italians will continue their vigorous defence and the Germans will not get penetrated early, and damn right I was, for the score was nil all at the end of half time when I switched on the telly. I saved an extra hour of sleep, which was very much needed after a long day at work yesterday.

But I will give credit to the Italians, no matter how much I want them to lose, with their brilliant turn around in extra time, from boring defend-it-all game in normal time to breath-taking near misses and excellent curling goals after 90 minutes. What I had not expected was Grosso to score. He, who was controversially brought down by Lucas Neill in the previous game, scored a sensational goal to place Italy in the finals. Del Piero made sure the host nation suffer a deeper blow to their cut.

Who will Italy face in the final? I hope France will prevail. No penalty shootouts please.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Les Blues will win the WORLD CUP!

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger teng said…

    AGREE! AGREE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home