Intengible

Just a glance

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bad belles of the past

I wanted to sleep through my alarm, fully knowing that the weekend is unplanned. No girly girl dayouts or chai lattes by the beach today. Looking out my bedroom window, the sky is superbly uninviting, and has been for the whole week. I didn't want to plan anything only to be disappointed later by the rain. I hate that.

No plan is sometimes a good plan, for I stumbled upon a christian book store today while strolling home after a tiring combat class. The book store is quietly tucked away behind a church which I eversooften have conveniently walked past. I was tempted to check it out, and I bought a new book called BAD GIRLS of the BIBLE. There are still unread Max Lucado and Phillip Yancey books in my library, yet I was drawn to pick up this book from the shelf. I will tell you how I go with the book, for I am infamously known to buy books, read the first few chapters and eventually lose interest. I was never able to do any justice to those books, having refrained from book shopping for a long period of time.

Goodbye for now as I embrace the smell of newly printed papers and freshly turned pages.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello!! i agree. sometimes no plan is a good plan :) weather today is also dreary - perfect for cuddling up under the blankets with a good book :)

    -stefie-

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger teng said…

    yes yes, i love my quilt and mink blankets - but once i get too cosy, i doze off before i get to read the 2nd page!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home