Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, July 24, 2006

Make that noise!

I have been so caught up with soccer that I have completely forgotten to write about STOMP. It was staged at StarCity's theatre and I went to watch it with a group of friends a few weeks back.

STOMP is a famous percussion show with over eleven years on Broadway. You will definitely love this production if you, like me, are those who embrace the sheer joy of banging on things (I do, my colleague always wonder why I keep banging on my keyboard). No speech, no dialogue, no plot. Just the power of infectious rhythm that engaged the audiences and got us laughing heaps. The eight member cast used everything but conventional percussion instruments - from everyday objects like broom, garbage cans and wooden poles to unthinkable items like tubes, matchboxes, plastic bags and Zippo lighters. I was superbly impressed.

There is a similar show by a Korean group featuring kitchen chefs and knives. If you hear about it coming to Aussie, let me know!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home