Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Annoying

A few months ago, an Indian couple with a young son moved in to the first unit downstairs. The husband knows a colleague who lives upstairs with a Caucasian wife and two energetic kids. This colleague of his looks Sri Lankan, or maybe a mix between Indian and another race of fairer complexion, I dont know. There is also another Indian couple who lives upstairs because I had bumped into the husband in the carpark and his wife usually sees him off. My building is three-storey high with only twelve units, so it's not that difficult to notice your neighbours wandering around.

Unfortunately I can't really tell where this Indian music that is playing right this moment is coming from. I know it's only close to ten but some people do need to sleep early. Sometimes it sounds like chanting. No matter how it sounds, it's annoying the shits out of me!

On a different note, I hear occasional yelling, mostly of a man seemingly scolding a woman who must be real fearful because I hardly hear a sound from her. And it's definitely of Indian slang and words. The supposedly one-sided argument felt like it lasted forever, because those were precious night winks that were deprived of.

I really wonder if I should just mind my own business. After all, these are other people's family affairs. On the other hand, I really feel like going to their doors and politely asking them to shut up. If only I could understand what they were so frustrated about, then it wouldn't be such a mind-boggling thing right now.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahh.... neighbours that whip up a ruckus when u go to sleep. yes yes... feel like pouring some ice cold water over them.... especially during winter. my neighbours do that too. they have a balcony facing my room!!! @*&#%@$!!! and a surveillance camera on that balcony too. wat da???

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger sthyan said…

    Reminds me of a time when I was at a friend's party and her other friends were blasting the music so loud! Even i couldn't stand it...Anyway, her neighbors called the cops to complain about the music and they immediately turned off the music when the cops showed up...hahaha! So thank God someone took action, or else, I would have been deaf by now! I mean, seriously, her friends even brought the whole PA system fully equipped with the loud speakers and all!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger teng said…

    G - why is your window facing someone else's balcony?? I tot you live in a terrace house? Unless upgraded to a bungalow then can understand.

    yan - if the music is blasting, i'd sure get my two cents worth heard. but this one moderately loud yet annoying indian music! no offense really!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hon,... semi-D. the air heads renovated their house and built a balcony facing my room. they even have this cute little wooden terrace facing our house... and were discussing plants and how to grow them at 10.30pm ON A WEEKDAY!! with squeeling pesky kids wearing flip flops scurring around the tiled floor. and no amount of me slamming my windows gave them the hint! and you KNOW i get cranky when my sleep is disturbed.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger teng said…

    speaking of which, i havent been to your house. talk to me about cranky! *sheesh* some ppl just don't get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home