Intengible

Just a glance

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Berry mania

For months, I have pledged to rid two boxes of frozen berries from my freezer. Jo, my ex-housemate, had one day returned with three boxes of the above mentioned item, given away free of charge. Excited as we were then, we organised a dessert night but to our dismay, the berries were awfully sour to eat by themselves. Serving them as toppings on ice cream did not make the cut either. So we decided to soak it in one of our ultra sweet berry dessert wine for a few days, but still ended up in disappointment.

Having thrown away one box a few weeks ago to make way for other more deserving freezer items, I was super tempted to ditch the last box today. However, an idea struck me and in amongst all my unused kitchenware, I found my blender. So I gathered and blended

> One small individual tub of berry yoghurt
> Frozen berries
> Milk
> Strawberry ice cream

to get some really yummy berry smoothie. A great drink to celebrate the arrival of spring. Looks like I'll be on a yoghurt diet for a while - I still have more than 3/4 pack of now useful frozen berries.

I should have thought about this yesterday as it would have been the perfect cold drink to cure my sun stroke headache. I seriously cannot remember my last visit to the beach, probably the day I had mini sand storms in my face. Yeah that's gotta be the last time before the cold winter months trotted in. After laying on the beach yesterday for a good two hours, with my red bikini and brown shorts, hat propped over face and unsuccessfully getting tanned, I woke up with a massive headache. A good frozen berry smoothie would have been fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home