Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, October 30, 2006

Just when I can breathe again

When you are working full time ten hours a day, there's no escaping the caffeine fix. How I got through the last three weeks with minimal sleep, overtime UNPAID work, weekend work and all sorts of disasters is beyond me. My body toiled through the tough times but has now crumbled, knowing that it can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel but is not there yet. Oh well, might as well catch the awful cold now, says the body. And no thanks to a colleague who had the cold, a friend's friend whom I did not know was sick when I generously agreed to put her up in my place, and numerous other people who seemed to be sick all at once, I am now officially on a sickie.

Daylight savings panic
I received Cath's text message at 6.48am yesterday, informing me that she is running late for band practice. Still dazed and confused after only just waking up and having my teeth brushed, my momentary walk on white puffy clouds came to a halt when I realised I had forgotten to put my clock FORWARD one hour. As of that moment, it was 7.48am and I was effectively LATE for practice which started at 7.30am! And unfortunately I wasn't playing at our Wollongong church, but at Shellharbour which takes me 25 minutes to get there. And being extremely sick did not help my panic mode. And I did consider the day before to get a replacement but every other keyboardist is already on duty. And I did speed, only a little, on the freeway until I saw a police car travelling behind me but made a turnoff a while later. I feel lucky.

He is fine
To all my friends, local and overseas, thanks heaps for your text messages during that scary moment in life. He has been discharged from hospital after a three day admission. If you are game enough, check out the pictures of the wreck here.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see u have a cold, same here, cept mine comes with a regular sorethroat and a large fever. It downright sucks. It's ironic that stuff like that only occurs when our schedules are completely maxed out. Get well soon!!! Same goes to ur bro!!!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger teng said…

    My meds for sorethroats - eat cornettos! It works, seriously! This is the first cold without the frustrating throat soreness...yey! And I think I deserve another sickie tmr...muahaha. You get well soon hey!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger sthyan said…

    Glad to hear u're getting better by eating cornettos??? i hv no idea what's that...lol!

    Anyway, I was utterly speechless and shocked when i saw the pictures of the nasty accident, man! Really thank God Eng is ok now... With God, all things are possible!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey you!! *fie waves* i'm doing fine. start work at alice smith next week!! super excited! are you coming home?

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger teng said…

    cornettos ROCK! LOL

    hey YOU! *teng waves back* what's alice smith? i hvnt plan my trip home, but will do it soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home