Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, January 08, 2007

The first work day of the year

Work was a real dread today. I rocked up late to a quiet empty office, except for the occassional out-of-tune singing from the other end of the floor, and left early to have an afternoon nap. Two weeks of jam-packed activities seriously does not warrant an immediate return to a comparatively mundane eight to five job. You've gotta earn the moo lah somehow to pay for the extreme sports I got myself into.

But I had a great start to the new year. Thank you for the lovely cards and text messages that flooded my mobile phone inbox on that very important day of the month. Some were disappointed I didn't reply as fast as they hoped to receive a nice thank you for their thoughts. It would be quite impossible to do that considering I was 30 feet underwater. But I got there.

I have turned yet another year older. Thank you koala, mlooky, rebootz, plyn, bw and sleong for the belated birthday celebs, pressie, unlimited dessert supply and super yummy prawn noodles. I couldn't have asked for more.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeap. tell me bout it. my first day at work too. after 3 weeks. urrgghh... totally zapped out.... and have renewed my distaste for the work i do.. and some certain people that i have to do it with. and a big setback was the increased toll rates!!!! what an outrage! btw, did ya get me bday msg?

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger teng said…

    wow you had 3 weeks off?? unreal! new year new increased toll rates... well what's new? outrage indeed!

    yes i did receive it. havent i replied to it already?

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger sthyan said…

    Sounds like u had a blast during your vacation!Ooo lala! Prawn noodles!!!! I haven't had that for 17 months already! Lol! I really miss all the good food in Msia, don't you?

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger teng said…

    I love har mee!! We can also get some serious msian food here in sydney, but of course at a premium price! Yeah for sure I'm missing the cheap good Msian food!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nope

     
  • At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep, more than welcome on my part... :) Sorry the food to dessert ratio wasn't balanced!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Ooops sorry gie, must have missed it!

    Food/dessert in abundance - I'm not complaining! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home