Intengible

Just a glance

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Living in the gay bar

I have returned to the gong. Partially happy, partially sad. My 3.5 week holiday was one of the best holiday I've ever had, though it ate up most of my hard-earned annual leave. But, it was worth it.

As usual, I didn't (or rather, refused to) sleep on the plane. Teng's mentality - watch as many movies as I can in 8 hours and my expensive air plane ticket can partially be justified. Flipping through the inflight entertainment booklet, I was rather excited to find Nada Sou Sou as one of the movies being offered. A friend of mine had highly recommended this Japanese show, so touching that he almost teared when he watched it. Well, thanks to him, I cried bucket loads! Luckily I flew night, so it was relatively darker in the cabin, and the old dude sitting next to me was asleep during the whole duration of the flight. The movie was very moving, but the ending was really sucky. Seriously I had to watch comedies after that show to temporarily forget that awfully sad show.

After touching down, I went for yumcha with some friends, but I wasn't hungry. Felt more like a zombie. I drove back to the gong after a good afternoon nap, only to find a speeding fine in the first letter I opened upon arriving home. My first speeding fine in Australia! How frustrating. I was caught doing 70kmph in a 60kmph zone. I love my welcome home present.

Thanks a zillion to rebootz who is always available to help this damsel fix her networking problems. Distressed as she was, not having her internet for a week, she resorted to desperate measures, pretending not to hear the $100 p/hr consultation-over-the-phone charge, she clicked, and she deleted. Voila! She's back on cyberspace!

Work wise, I have now been transfered to a job in Western Sydney. It's a pretty hectic schedule, from a 38-hour to a 60-hour week! Wah can die from exhaustion - at least initially anyway - or so I think, and hope. My office, shared with eight other males, is passionately known as the gay bar. We carry walkie talkies around to radio each other, and I chuckle everytime someone asks "Are you in the gay bar?".

Health wise, I've caught the big bad bug. In 3 days, I had contact with 3 people who had the cold. I really should have washed my hands and refrained from giving hugs. Too late. I could barely concentrate at work on Thursday afternoon, by nightfall I had the heavy sniffles. Being a considerate colleague, I took a sickie the next day and spent the weekend sleeping, watching dvds, and using up two boxes of tissue.

Sigh I really should go to bed. It's 11.35pm, and I gotta be up at 4.30am. *grumble grumble*

3 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're welcome... And hopefully you feel better now!

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your trip looks fantastic :)
    your conquering the world list looks even more impressive.

    wow.

    im itching to travel again. love u.
    da

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger teng said…

    maybe we shld travel one day, together to some getaway place. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home