Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, June 07, 2007

The latest news

Time flies extremely quickly when you are busy. At times you wonder where the time's disappeared too, other times you wonder if the time you had was spent wisely. Miraculously I have found time to write, only because I'm on a sickie today. As much as my boss is reluctant to let me recover at home due to the amount of work on my desk, I'm sure the other people in the office do not appreciate my germs. Somehow I feel sorta bad because I'm kinda using these two days to recover before I go on holidays for the long weekend. My poor colleagues have to work on Monday being a public holiday. I suppose even if I wasn't going on a holiday, I would most certainly take them off anyway.

Here's a quick little update:

>> For easter we celebrated with a film-like production, complete with popcorn chicks (erm, I was one of them) and fairy floss. The story evolved around the time when Jesus was arrested, and it was made into a journalist-type genre with the omission of Christian jargons, making it easy to understand. Well done, Creative Arts Team!

>> The week after, we had our annual Ignite youth conference. And boy, did that take off!

>> I have a new housemate. She's from the Philippines. Ironically, she lives in western sydney and is renting at my place to work in wollongong for my company during the weekdays. I, on the other hand, am working and staying in western sydney to work and the only time I see her is for a split second on Wednesday nights when I come back midweek before rushing off to church. But I know this much, that she's a Christian, loves playing with my cat and is an absolute gem! I thank God everytime a new person moves in because they have been the bestest housemates one can ever dream of. Some horror stories with stranger housemates have made me reconsider time and time again whether to continue letting random people stay next door. But I am glad that God is always looking after me!

>> What is it with the month of May? I thought August babies were plentiful, but it seems that May isn't too far away from that statistic. 21st birthday parties were in abundance last month, and they sure rocked!

>> I have misplaced a money order this week that was meant to pay my rent. Surely it can't just disappear, it must be around somewhere. I have asked for a week's extension. Please stop playing hide and seek with me.

>> Spiritual attacks. What are they? And do you know when it happens? Sometimes you're not aware of it, but they are real. Something someone shared last week at small group discussion made me realised that. Last Sunday I was rostered on to play keyboard for worship. But the moment I stood on stage, something was wrong. My mind was wandering. Stupid thoughts raced through my mind. I started slipping and hitting the wrong keys. I lost my focus and confidence. My smile disappeared. It was a spiritual battle. I had to conquer it, not only with my own strength but with God's as well. After the service, I made a quick and quiet exit, reaching home to find myself even more miserable than before. I didn't feel like going for the evening service, but somehow I felt the urge to go anyway. I gave in and went, and the senior pastor preached a word on strongholds - such a spot-on thing! 2Corinthians 10:4 says "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds". Psalms 141:3 (and with my own editing) says "Set a guard over my thoughts, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my mind."

>> I am on my way to QLD this time tomorrow! Yey! One day left to rid myself of this awful snorty nose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home