Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Strange feeling to call Melbourne home, but that's what I've been thinking of the past week. It's been chaotic here in Wollongong, with massive thunderstorms and frequent lightning activites in the sky, and with no car for my perusal, you are basically stuck where you are. Thankfully there are friends who offer rides to and from work. I wouldn't know what else to do without them. Thinking of the time when I took the train and got soaking wet from the waist down really puts me off taking public transport. Strange enough, when it's peak time to go home i.e. between 4pm-6pm, there are only trains that run hourly, which is a pain. Big thanks to SL, FD and BW for all the rides!

I've been sniffing quite a lot this week, constantly visiting the ladies bathroom to clear my nose. I got drenched while participating in the Survivor-like team model activites. This was part of the graduate development program my company's put in place for us. A three day two nights getaway from the office was awesome. We put up at a nice accommdation down south of Gong, with plenty of seafood for dinner! I thought it strange that the company would pay for such extravagant dinners and luxurious rooms. If you want to know how much it cost them, ASK me. Mind you, there is another session for the other group of graduates who are due to attend the same program next week.

I went down to Sydney again for the weekend, visiting Jien and Terence. We had mostly Jap food for our meals because there isn't one decent Jap restaurant in Gong so far. And the food was good - the restaurant was so packed you had to grab a ticket number and wait for a table. We then played pool at a non-smoking and non-alcoholic pool place at Coogee. Obviously whoever partnered me would certainly have to work harder coz I ain't getting the balls in. Stuff all the physics and momentum, I've thrown the theory down the drain.

Am so looking forward to going HOME. Will catch up with you guys over dinner tomorrow. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home