Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, November 21, 2005

2nd Trip to Jervis Bay

Watch out for the emus!



And no, we did not try fried emu egg. It was at a shocking price of $20 and combined with flashback memories of the Amazing Race contestants struggling to finish an ostrich omelette, I passed. We bought some bird seed to feed those funny-noise-making emus, pecking carelessly into the plastic containers in our hands. This emu farm was a stopover before the two loaded cars headed to Jervis Bay.

As we sailed out on the boat, I stared out at the outcast sky. We are so screwed to have chosen this day to go snorkelling. Thankfully, we were given wet suits that amazingly floats. You hardly need to lift a sweat to swim, which was good for me because I was pretty worried how much ankle work I would need to do to move and float in the water. And I enjoyed every minute I was in the freezing cold water - schools of colourful fish, Port Jackman sharks, Dory-look-alike fish, bright fluorescent starfish, many more I just can't list! There was even a seal lazing on the beach, and a pair of dolphins swimming playfully in front of our boat as we headed back to shore.



2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MmMMmmMMmmmmm...
    rose garden's black pepper emu rice.
    ahhhhh.....

    -G-

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Ahahahaha....day dreaming of that dish eh? I never really enjoyed it, remember my experience of a super-dumped-too-much black pepper emu rice??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home