Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, December 23, 2005

Year End Musings

This may or may not be my last entry for the year. I will be flying to Melbourne tomorrow and I should really start packing. As I reflect on the number of journals written over the past year, I wonder if I've left out the simple pleasures of talking with girl friends about the exciting or messy things in life. Blogging has been my primary avenue to pour out feelings, frustrations and occassional gossipping. And I intend to stay that way, unless I get bored of writing and updating the world, as some previously devoted fellow bloggers have done.

Of late, I've been going through an exciting three week period, the heart in worship mode every night. I cannot explain why, something inside is stirring me to praise God and be thankful for what I have and what He's done in my life this year. Nehemiah was the main subject of study in the pastors' sermons for the past few weeks and I felt that I relate so much to what Nehemiah faced when he returned to Jerusalem to rebuild the walls. He faced opposition, both without and within, and never gave up. He prayed the prayer of strength, and that is something I want to hold on to, to boldly ask God for that extra shower of energy and his continued presence in my life.

Another new year is near, and another whole new chapter in life will unfold. Here's wishing everyone a Happy Christmas and a great new year ahead.

Emmanuel
Words and Music by Reuben Morgan

Holy, holy
I will bow before my Lord and King
Hallelujah
You have come to us
You make all things new

Emmanuel, Jesus Christ
You'll never let me go
My Shepherd King
You're watching over me
Emmanuel


So amazing
You have named the stars of the deepest night
Still You love me
You have called my name
I will follow You

Bridge: Holy holy God Almighty, There is none like you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home