Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, December 09, 2005

EMA

I was watching the European MTV Awards with total embarassment and disbelief. The unknown host, Barat, was just an absolute shocker, with limited vocabulary and grammatically wrong English sentences. I wonder if he was really meant to look and talk like a fool. He even introduced Coldplay as Green Day and vice versa. Hello?!

Madonna opened the night with a raunchy sexy Hung Up song (urgh!), with lots of out-of-tune notes and tired words. Must be age that's catching up. Isn't it not surprising that Best Female went to Shakira and Best Male went to Robbie Williams? Duh. At least Green Day won Best Album and Best Rock.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I know what you mean... Borat is actually some made up character by the same guy who plays Ali G. So it's done on purpose and in jest (albeit crude)

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Really? I'm sure not many people know who this Borat character is. Or maybe the European fans knew. I wonder if the international guests knew it was a deliberate setup of him making fun of their names (remember he was mocking Madonna) and wrongly introducing bands.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger JT said…

    I noticed you got rid of your column on the side! I've finally gotten down to blogging again... (after a long long break).

    Yes, I just wanted to say... you SHOULD watch fiddler on the roof. Stop considering. I caught that in NY! It was fantastic! (no guarantees on the cast in australia though) Haha.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Yes I rid it because I couldn't keep the comments and words were limited.

    Are you serious? At least Topol is in the cast. Ouch you're tempting me!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home