Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Where to, from here?

It's that time of year when it's time to chat about your career development.

I'm happy where I am, thanks.

But rather, I've been encouraged to think about where I should further develop my skills and experience. In another words, think of moving to another position within the company.

No thanks, I don't think so.

After scouting around and learning about others' experience working in different areas of the plant, I realised that I've been very lucky to be in the engineering services department providing technical advice in one of the many areas of this massive place. It is, by far, the cleanest place around. I don't want to be inhaling gases, walking through dusty areas, or touching grime and oil.

I'd like to stay where I am. At least for the next two years, thank you very much.

I walked out of the manager's office - feeling confident, not intimidated, and finally realising I can really bull my way through a discussion that I hadn't really prepare for.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger teabag said…

    hihi sis siewteng!!
    i was looking at your michael buble concert and going greeeeen! i mustmustmust go next year! (: anyway, thanks for dropping by my site every now and then! im not getting married bytheway!! its just some creative writing im doing..haha (: waiting to attend ur wedding first wor ;) and oh i think u should be ambitious and go for ur dream position ya! you have His favour I can smell it! hehe (: great to see that u're touring around NSW too! thats the way! *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home