Intengible

Just a glance

Saturday, January 21, 2006

40 and climbing

It's extremely hot in Melbourne. I cannot imagine surviving another day here with temperatures hitting 40 degrees.

The discomfort of walking on scorching hot concrete floors leading to the Australian Open stadiums was almost unbearable. Taking shade under a tree didn't help much as we waited for a couple of hours for the temperature to drop. No matches were being played when we arrived as it was too hot and all tickets to the main arena were sold out. We ended up walking back to the car, or rather almost crawling back, as we could feel the 45 degrees heat squeezing every ounce of water that was in our bodies. I could feel my body dehydrating into a prune-like skin.

Heat stress is not my only problem. I've got cat stress as well. Chloe decided to fall sick a couple of hours before I was due to catch the train to Sydney airport yesterday. Declaring my case as an emergency to the receptionist wasn't too helpful either as I still had to wait for half an hour before we were seen. Seemingly her stress condition has reoccurred. I remember Chloe having to deal with a similar stress problem the same time two years ago, just that now I'm not sure what she's stressed out about. Maybe she can sense that I will be going away for a long period of time.

Weather report for tomorrow: max 43 degrees. Great, just when I will be attending a wedding tomorrow. I can't imagine wearing a bridal gown in this temperature, I think the guys are worse off - they've got a long sleeve shirt, vest and their suit. Maybe an ice vest would have been better.

I need an air conditioner right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home