Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, January 09, 2006

Hisssssss

It was that time of the year again for the annual fearful moment. She hated going to the vet, and still does, hissing as I struggled to push her into the travel cage.

As usual on the way to the vet, Chloe made sad-sounding meows, expressing her fear of getting poked with a needle. She knew where she was going, body trembling under her blankets and short white hair flying all over my car. Last year, Chloe actually bit the vet. I wondered if she would repeat her princess-like demeanours this time round.

Surprisingly, the lady vet managed to carry her for more than Chloe would ever let strangers even touch her. This time, she seemed to be tamer. A good sign for the new year?

A few friends have asked me what my new year resolution is. I don't usually have a list, so here's a start:

1) Put Chloe on a strict diet.
She's overweight by 450grams. Right. That means less yummy biscuits for breaky and dinner. No more giving in to pretentious request for food.

2) Make her do more cat exercises.
Time to reignite gymnastic moves and somersaults.

3)Hmm what else can I do about her flabby tummy?
She hates tummy rubs.

4)How about reducing those cat naps?
The owner should do likewise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home