Intengible

Just a glance

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Give your all

Jesus went into the synagogue and a man with shriveled hand was there. Then he said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. (Matthew 12:9-10, 13 verse edited)

If someone asks you to stretch out your hand, which of your two arms would you stretch out? I would show off my better hand, hiding the other for fear of any abnormalities or deformities that may be seen. So often we would portray our good self and let the bad side stay indoors. I was totally thrown off when coming to this realisation that this reality of our being is so true.

Vulnerability. Transparency. Intimacy.

Giving our whole self to God is always not an easy task, but He sees us through and through. Sharing it with your girl friends during cell group helps a lot, brings out the best in you, and builds close relationship. Whinging is good for you. People will then know what's bothering you and pray for you.

And with that, I shared with the cell about my passion for this year - how I love music and never get sick of it. I had only started playing keys in the worship team since November and my initial attitude in serving in this ministry was to sit back, relax and watch. I was, after all, a newbie. But because I was technically and classically trained, I can read the scores, know which chords should/shouldn't be played, and it really frustrates me when the music doesn't quite gel together. Somehow the band always pulls itself together on Sunday, which is an awesome miracle. Of course we have to certainly work on our techniques and dynamics and stop outplaying the other instrument.

I guess it's difficult to point out to others "Hey maybe you should play this chord instead of that" or "Can you play softer?" for fear of offending anyone or just being a nosy newbie. Proactive is the word for me this year. Don't hide your gifts or talents. Take an active role. Give encouragement. Let God use you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home