Intengible

Just a glance

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Those were the days


Triple hoorahs for those who got this reunion at Sunway happening after a good long eight years after the end of high school. We did say we will meet up again and have a huge 10-year reunion of some sort - either a ball, a high tea or possibly an extravagant dinner. I guess we just couldn't wait till then!It was interesting to know that all of us who turned up are either single or attached for a good number of years, saved for one who is married and had just become a mother. I think I'll write about singlehood when I get round to it.

It wasn't long before I had to leave the happily talking crowd of excited girls/women to leave for the airport. I am finally home. Yes I call Wolly home now. My brains can barely register that my three-week holiday has finally come and passed. But the break has allowed me to spend quality time with my family and friends. I suppose unique would be one way of describing my time here because I had decided to catch up with people whom I did not meet the last time I was back in 2004. And with my brilliant idea of having an advanced high school reunion (but delegating the job to others), I had saved so much time by meeting all of them in one go. Big pat on me back!

I'm currently watching the Winter Olympics in Torrino on telly. The men's downhill speed skating has already seen four skaters crash and fall. It must be agonising to have a DNF label next to your name. Watching it fills my heart with anxiety everytime a speed skater attempts an incredible 123kmph down the hill. I remember skiing down those icy slopes, don't mention the intermediate ones, even the beginner's slopes gave me heart attacks. I swear it did stop beating a few times everytime I get a tad faster and I'll forcefully attempt to slow myself down, that of which eats up my energy and I get tired easily.

I think I will retire to bed early again tonight, not having fully recover from the holiday blitz. Not even the slightest work mode is switched on. In addition to the lethargic body and juiceless brain, my boss, the best ever, is officially leaving the electrical group and taking up the role as project manager. What will I do without him now? He's been encouraging me heaps in my work, though I haven't done a great deal of work one can call significant. Of course I wish him well, but deep inside I wished he would stay longer. I have not met anyone else who has such good people skills and possesses an extreme wealth of knowledge. Maybe someone better will come along.

Fingers crossed!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey honey! i almost read it as u were leaving the electrical group to be project manager and i was super in awe of u... until i retracted and saw that it was ur boss u're talking about. LOL. silly me. if i'm still in engineering after 10 yrs, i hope to be in project mgmt. hehehe.... but.. hopefully not

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wah, u were there for so many hours and only 2 photos?

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger teng said…

    G, I am already a project manager. Most of us are anyway since we handle projects from start to finish. How I wish I got a promotion!

    Of course I have heaps of photos. You like to be anonymous, don't you?

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    not that sort of prjct mgmt la.
    dunno how to explain.
    and no, i'm not anonymous leh

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger teng said…

    That 2nd comment wasn't for you la. I know you don't sign off anonymously.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home