Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, February 24, 2006

Have you ever

- felt bad because you unconsciously invited a friend to church assuming that they will know what to expect?

- felt guilty because you subconsiously forgotten to tell your friend that there will be singing/music/jumping around at the meeting?

I picked up my friend and he asked me if there will be singing. "Yes" was my short answer, but I quickly proceeded to add "You expected it, didn't you? We are, after all, going to a church." "No you didn't tell me" was the reply and that made me feel bad all over. To add to my misery, the so-called-talk as I described to that friend of mine turned out to be hard-core-preaching. Ooopps. I really thought it was going to be an evangelistic type youth meeting, which it sorta was because at the end of meeting, there was THE opportunity to receive Christ, where about 30 young people decided to raise the hands in response to the alter call.

The feelings are just mixed up, jumbled around, topsy turvy. Why am I feeling this way? I should be happy that he came, stayed for the whole duration and gave some feedbacks, though not entirely agreeing with the preacher but was happy that the church people are friendly.

"Well then you should join us more often."
"If you ask me again, I might come."
"Good, how about this Sunday for worship?" :)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Ee Laine said…

    Praise God for turning an awkward moment into a great opportunity!

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Yup. Must continue to pray for him, and for another guy who's from China, here for studies. He came for worship!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home