Intengible

Just a glance

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Earlier this week, I reminded myself that I would get mum flowers this year. I have sent pretty cards and little pressies over the years, but never flowers. Hmm, it is strange, I must admit. So I thought flowers would be something out of the ordinary. Come Friday evening, I slumped on the couch after a long weeks' work, watched Bert's Family Feud, followed by the news, then cooked myself some dinner. It then suddenly dawned on me that I had completely forgotten about the flowers. Yes I did procrastinate (just a little, I swear!) and quickly made an overseas phone call to a local florist near my house. Thank goodness they were still open, thank my lucky stars for the difference in time zone, and thank the heavenly angels that they were still taking orders!

Scrolling thorugh the photos on the florist's website, I placed the order. The lady over the phone asked again if this was for a Mother's Day gift, and I said yes. She politely told me that the one I wanted was a wedding bouquet. I felt like a total idiot. A flower bimbo. Never mind. I know I was never an expert on flowers anyway. Later my housemate told me that usually carnations are picked for the bouquet. Oh well, mum will have to settle with the roses!

On a different note, my nose is stuffed. my head is heavy, legs are sore.

I hate the F.L.U.

Should I call in sick tomorrow?

6 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey honey!
    i'm SOOOOOO sorry.. i forgot about the sms u sent me. i was in the middle of something so i didn't reply ur msg... and then totally forgot about it afterwards. well... at least you got ur hands on some flowers then.
    ;)
    sorry again. didn't mean to ignore you. i belanja u bkt when u come home ok?

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello, just popping by to see what you've been up to. catching up via blog =) good to see you're having fun and keeping busy. take care! sophia

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger teng said…

    G...I really thought you had changed mobile number and DIDN'T tell me! Haha...*drool* BKT!!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger teng said…

    hey soph, gotta find some sort of fun activity to do in gong, otherwise i'll go mad!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    urm.. sorry yeah?
    pai seh pai seh.
    but how could u think that of me? changing number without telling you? noo...... i wouldn't. but i dare say i need to change my number. it has been getting itself into the wrong hands.

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger teng said…

    i know it couldn't be a possiblity...hehe. OoOoooo getting stalkers calling you at midnight?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home