Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, May 15, 2006

Off Sick

I am officially sick.

After huffing and puffing for two whole days, I am seriously tired of pulling tissues out of the box. I did make a two hour appearance at work before convincing myself that I was terribly unproductive and staying a minute longer would cause the virus to travel into the ventilation system, thus infecting the whole building with the B.U.G. My colleague had also noticed red flushes across my face. That was my cue to leave.

Being a good citizen at work, I thought I'd see the doc anyway and get a medical certificate. I stopped by the closest medical centre near home, a place I had serious conviction that the doctors who reside there are completely useless and are just collecting dough for every patient they send out the door after a five minute consultation. And I still visited the centre to see the next available doctor, only because it was convenient and I was only there to grab an MC.

True enough again, the consultation didn't last more than five minutes. The doctor immediately prescribed a nasal spray for my symptoms, treating my condition as an obvious allergy to something over the last couple of days and to make matters worse, I had caught the flu virus. I asked if a particular brand of nasal spray that I previously used is similar to what she just prescribed. She replied the former had steroids. Trying to be naive and obviously not medically educated, I asked what she meant but she couldn't give me a definitive answer. Right. Anyway, use THIS nasal spray, though it's a little bitter, and you'll be fine. How helpful.

Eight hours on, I am still huffing serious muck out of my nose.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get well soon.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger teng said…

    thanks mun mun. i've self declared an extra day of sick leave to fully recuperate...fingers crossed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home