Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Embarassing Exit

It was time to tell my seniors that I was leaving. Though it's been 4 days since I handed in the letter, everyone was treating me as if I would see them next year...with the exception of a few whom I was closer to. But I waited till almost lunchtime before I went to them personally to say my last goodbyes and wish them well. Then, it was party time.

I must say it wasn't a generous party, considering that the guys were pretty disappointed that there were only 4 types of beer to choose from, and there was only one brand of wine for red and white. And the food nibbles were coming out so slowly that we resorted to standing near the kitchen to grab them. I didn't have breakfast today, so I was extremely hungry by now. The pace was just too slow for my tummy, churning and growling. Luckily the noise and chattering in the hall drowned it away. All I could do was stand around, chit chat and sip my white wine.

An hour into party, the region manager stood on the stage to say a few words, and we crowded into the hall. As usual, the thank yous and appreciation speeches were made and then, I couldn't hear. My vision started to fade. I wasn't able to stand, so I sat down on the cushion just behind me. I must be tired, I thought. I can't let people see me like this. I must find the toilet. I walked over to the bar, tripping and bumping into people. I was sorry but words couldn't come out. By this time, I was having a bad headache. I put my wine glass down and asked for directions to the toilet. I needed some fresh air. I headed to the foyer but before I could step out into the open air, I dropped on the floor.

I couldn't remember what happened. I fainted but was still conscious. A lady helped me sit up and put iced cloth over my forehead. I must have seen drunk to them coz at the slightest bit of alcohol, my face goes red. And believe me, I wasn't drunk with a consumption of half a glass of wine. Not long after, they called a cab on the company's expense and I was on my way home. What a way to end my last day in this company. Looks like I'll be remembered for longer than I anticipated.


1 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger teng said…

    hey des! i suppose there are plenty on my mind, but i just can't comprehend how i cld just faint.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home