Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, December 17, 2004

Gong it is...

Yup you heard me right. I've procrastinated long enough in deciding, simply because I didn't want to face my fears. The thought of going there not knowing anyone scares me more than a horror movie would. But God stretches out his arms and waves his magic wand...and pop! I received an email from a friend saying his sister and sister-in-law who are staying in gong are more than happy to help me settle there. Plus, they are full-on Christians serving in a nearby church called Southcity Christian Church or something along those lines. And I thought, yah great...that's a good start. But still, I don't know them. And I can switch on my anti-social behaviour when I want to, where I want to.

I will be leaving with a heavy heart. Lovely Melbourne, the cool weather, the trams, the good food, the company, friends, cell groups...I'm going to cry.....

Now I really appreciate the words "stepping out of your comfort zone". It's way too difficult to handle.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Siew Teng,

    Sad to hear u r going..but on the bright side..its an awesome opportunity.Do keep in touch..and take care!!

    Shireen..

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger teabag said…

    sister siew teng! hello! :) u are leaving for GONG? where is GONG!!! it sounds so farrr awayyy :( anyway, i've been reading ur blog one, except i was in singapore so kinda inconvenient to ask u about ur GONG! so u must tell me soon ooook? :) anyway, what is going to happen to ur cattt? i can take care of her for u! i like cats and dogs! and i like the amazing race too! (i want brendon & nicole to wiiinnn!) on egypt, i'm planning a trip there end of nxt year, let me know if u're interested ok! seeya in church tmr, i pray for a confirmation for u in tmr's msg, amen! :) *hugs!

    -jan*

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger John Lee said…

    It's not easy to let go frens whom we have just met, just about to know them better... reality hits, I won't say sad, but prefer to wish and pray that you will continue to step out in faith. Remember our pastor's sermon, be the Risk taker. Afterall, Gong is not that far from Melb, it's still within Australia... ;P Hope you still call Melbourne home... and don't forget the Hobsons Bay YA Group. Dop, you are still leaving us, gonna miss you!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey siew teng... so u finally made a decision =) good for you... when are u going to Gong? take care, keep blogging, and all the best! love, sophia

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger teng said…

    hey guys, thanks for the support and encouragement. i wil truly truly miss melb. john, i will definitely miss our YA group. we got off to a great start, didn't we? all of us bonded so well!

    jan, i'm not so sure what i will do with my cat, but you will be one of my options of i do not bring her with me.

     
  • At 2:42 AM, Blogger Terence said…

    Hi Siew Teng,

    No worries. God is always beside us so we are never lonely. Also your friends are just a phonecall away. Take this opportunity to make new friends .. add to your friendster list of friends and touch other with your outgoing personality.

    Cheers

     

Post a Comment

<< Home