Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Hunting

I smile in delight as I read the words of success of a friend. Success of a house-purchase gone through. And then, I thought of myself. When will I be able to buy a house? Five and a half years worth of renting residential colleges/apartments in the past could probably have gotten me a down payment for a decent-sized house. As I reflect on the numbers of zeros in my bank account, I wonder how long more I need to work and save to get that far. And I only just finished my probation period.

Where will my dream house be? Will it have pearly-white gates and Colorbond roofs and a big swing in the garden lavished with boulevard-lined pink-flowered trees leading to a pedestal surrounded by a pool of water fountain and floating candles infused with rose and vanilla scents? Even a quintessence of citrus fragrances would be nice.

And I continue to dream....while at work.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Terence said…

    Hi ST,

    Thinking of getting a house of your own. Well the government of Australia is glad to give you a grant of $7,000 for your first house provided that you 'promise' to stay there for min 12 months. Also banks are usually willing to provide 80% house financing but will increase it up to 95% provided you buy mortgage insurance (i.e. about 3K one off premium).

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger teng said…

    Hehe, how cool it is to hv a friend who knows all these finance stuff. Yah of course thinking long term wld prefer to buy a house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home