Intengible

Just a glance

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Slowly but surely

I went back to work today after taking a good one and a half days off. A couple of my colleagues commented that I sounded terrible. My manager walked past my desk and happened to hear me force out a cough. “Why are you at work?” was his immediate response.

Seriously, I was getting bored staying at home. I cannot believe that I am actually saying this. Since knowing the fact that I have unlimited sick leave, I have always look forward to self-declared sick days, even at the slightest hint of a headache or simply to catch up on sleep. And now that I am genuinely crooked, which of course I am entitled to extend my recuperation period, I’d rather be at work than vegetate at home.

There’s just so much Oprah Winfrey and Ellen shows I can watch. There’s no one around to talk to or play with. Everyone’s at work, and the cat doesn’t count as a playmate. I’ve slept enough – even pigs need to wake up, eat and trot around. I’m frustratingly done huffing my nose off - even the philtrum is starting to get sore.

I’ve been told eating ginger or drinking air halia cures a cold. I don’t detest the root, but I’m not a big fan. Is there any other quicker way to kill the bug?

On an entirely different note, the overly advertise and anticipated boxing match is on tonight, if anyone cares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home