Intengible

Just a glance

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Lemsip

Having discovered this flavoured drink some time ago, I had, until recently, been religiously taking this medication at the first signs of getting the flu, and continually until the nose stops running away. I had only thoughts of wonders and miracles for Lemsip, which comes in lemon, blackcurrant and various other tempting flavours in a powdered mix that you have with hot water.

My recent flu bout was a killer, confining me to the depths of my bed. I was feverish too, and naturally I felt I was living in the North Pole. My 6year-old oil-fin heater had a broken switch, something that I'd thought I'll "operate" on when I have the time. Thankfully my previous flatmate left her radiant heater behind, but that wasn't enough to heat up the whole room. So I pinched my flatmate's fan heater. She was in Chicago, and still is. I'm sure she doesn't mind.

I got worse when the bug hit me at full strength. A caring friend called to ask what drugs I was popping, and after a simple diagnosis (she's a pharmacist-to-be, you see) reckons I should throw Lemsip out the window and get something stronger for the flu, which I did when I finally mustered enough strength to change out of my pyjamas and walk to the chemist.

So when you have the flu, have yourself a box of codral and two nasal sprays - one of which is a medicated spray that helps to reduce swollen nasal membranes and helps you breathe, the other is a nasal moisturiser. Oh, the relief! That big bottle of multi vitamins was upon mum's insistence. Oh, and not forgetting tissues that are infused with eucalyptus oil. They are a must. They're gentle on the nose, ensuring you don't look like Rudolph during your sneezy moments.

Lemsip is officially out of my drug consumption list. It's trash.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    poor baby. how come u're ill so often.
    ur records must look bad with all those MCs u're popping. LOL

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger teng said…

    i dont need an MC, and havent been asked for one. i think i look sick enuff to know i aint faking illness.

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Blogger sthyan said…

    I just recovered from a flu... so I feel ya! I hope you get well soon! Take care.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Terence said…

    Winter will soon be over. Hang in there!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger teng said…

    did you guys hear?? a child died from influenza! oh dear me!

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Terence said…

    I know someone who had a viral attack in her head from just a ignoring the common flu. The moral of the story is to quickly treat it when you fall sick.

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger teng said…

    waking up to 2-3 degrees temperature every morning aint helping me much these days to fully recover!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home