Intengible

Just a glance

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Saturday Night Fever!

Munching my triangular cheese Shapes, I was watching Jet Li's The Mask on DVD. The television is not working since the antenna is broken. Oh well, this show dubbed in English will just have to do. Was fiddling with the setups, hoping to switch it back to Cantonese when my mobile rang.

Gie: Hello, teng ar. Are you in the city yet?
Me : City? Why would I be in the city?
Gie: You mean, you're at home?
Me : Yah, why? Am I supposed to be in the city?
Gie: Have you forgotten? Saturday Night Fever is tonight!
Me : Oh no! Arghhhhhhhh!
Gie: It's in half an hour's time. You better get Jason to fetch you there.

My hair was in a mess, I haven't showered, I'm still in my pyjamas, Dinner is uncooked on the kitchen table, everything was just not right.

I was allowed into the theatre 5 minutes after the musical started.

Usher: Watch your step.
Me : Thanks.
Usher: Here we are. Your seat is #26.
Me : Urm, where exactly is it? I can't see an empty seat.
Usher: It's right in the middle. You just have to walk past everyone.
Me : Right in the middle? Oh dear!

And there I went, walking over and saying sorry to more than a dozen people.

But I enjoyed myself in the end. It was certainly worth the rush, the dancing was just awesome. The disco has returned.



************************************************************************************************

On another happier note, New Year's eve was well spent with friends. The picnic was along the Yarra river. Ben was thoughtful enough to choose a spot under the street lighting so that we could continue playing chor dai di and president+scumbag right through the night. Both fireworks were just awesome! The best I've ever seen in Melbourne.

Stay tune for pictures of my Christmas and birthday bash...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home