Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, May 19, 2006

His greatness

I was almost energy-drained. Not that I had a long day or anything to whinge about, yet the dawning thought of knowing it's Saturday tomorrow and I don't have to work seems to almost switch the gear into neutral by 4pm. I was tired, yet fully attentive at the young adults meeting tonight. Luiz, ahh he's such a sweet kind boy and he permeates that aura even as he makes his appearance as a debut preacher. He is so cool and funny. He'll make a good pastor, I'm sure.

He spoke about God and His amazing greatness tonight, and that got me thinking - and eventually mind wandering. When my grandfather passed away a few weeks ago, I thought about a lot of things. I realised I haven't achieved much in making a Jesus difference with my relatives. It was sad and disappointing, knowing that I won't be seeing my grandfather in heaven. Occassionally I had prayed for their salvation, but that's not going to be good enough. I will persevere to pray for my grandmother every day, and my relatives. I pray for an interceder, someone who can relate to them and speak their language, that of which continues to be the major barrier between us. But I know my grandparents respected who we believe in, and more importantly who mum now believes in. They had never forced us to hold any prayer sticks or bow to their prosperity and kitchen idols. They know we are different, yet they haven't heard too much about the good news.

I reflected on my conversations with God and realised that many a times, I like to use generic words. Lord, I pray for the salvation of my family and friends. OR Lord, bless me with all things good. Of course, God is a God of all things, who knows it all. Let me encourage us to pray more specificly. If you have names of friends or relatives you'd like to see saved, speak their names out and lay them at the feet of Jesus. God loves specifics. He loves details. He is so awesome yet wants to know more. Tell Him. He is interested.

I sat behind Luke who was wearing a white holey t-shirt. Initially I was amused by all the intentionally and fancy-made holes all over his top. Looking at my own brown and stripey Zara top I was wearing, I remember getting upset when I found two holes at the back of my newly bought top. I had only worn it twice! How those holes came to being was beyond me. The third time I wore it and washed it, a third hole appeared. Anyway, the holes behind Luke's t-shirt isn't the point. At the top left hand corner of his t-shirt were the words "In God We Trust". What a timely reminder for me. God I truly trust you. I know I like to speed things up and ramble on and whinge when things aren't happening, but I want to be faithful and believe that You will do things in Your own time. Help me to be patient. Help me to be faithful.

I trust You.

I love the words from United's latest song - From the Inside Out

A thousand times I've failed, still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again, still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Neverending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

In my heart and my soul
Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out, Lord
Let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out, Lord my soul cries out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home