Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Deep fried!

After getting comfortable on my office swivelling chair, I shifted the mouse to generate a movement to activate the monitor screen. Darkness. Oh well, it must be real sleepy this morning, just like me almost e-v-e-r-y other morning. I pressed the PowerOn button to turn on the CPU. Black Screen. Bizarre. This has never happened before! I started to worry, thinking I may have blew my internet quota, blogging, net surfing for unrelated work stuff, emailing, you name it, I'm totally guilty of it. The IT department must have tracked me down and blocked my computer usage. Noooooo!

Calm down, I told myself, and started to troubleshoot and found that the powerpoint was faulty. I later found out that the rat had entered one of our high voltage cable termination box and somehow done something amazing, affecting the whole of one of the major plants, and a few of our circuit breakers in the office. And to add to the quirkiness of it all, one of the main transformers in a different substation supplying power to the hot strip mill exploded close to the same time as the rat got fried. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home