Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, June 27, 2005

Fearful times no more

It hasn’t been too long since I last saw Poh Lyn in Sydney during our wild car hunting weekend. This time she’s down in Wollongong with RD, her main reason for the transfer from KL to Sydney. It’s a peaceful resolution to be meeting somewhere in the middle – between Melbourne and KL – to strengthen the relationship and be closer to one another. I brought that thought up with Jason and we decided that our middle point is not a feasible place to meet - i.e. boring ol' Canberra.

I will never forget how RD used to be this tall dark spooky looming figure, and I didn’t feel fortunate to be placed in the same small group as him in OCF. I remember being very fearful of him, and choosing the right words when speaking. Inputs from other OCFers didn’t help my expectations of him as a friend either, making me conclude that this then medical student was grumpy, unfriendly and intimidating. But he’s changed a lot now in character, and that’s a good thing.

But seeing him with Poh Lyn draws a smile to my face, and all those evil thoughts about him years ago didn’t matter anymore. I hope he gets a job in Sydney, then I’ll have more people to bug when I’m bored.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Teng! As you have requested, here's a record of my encounter with Mr RD!

    "Like yourself, I used to be very intimidated by RD haha. My first encounter with him was during 2001 Orientation Camp. He was the camp commander then. It was the first or second day of the camp, I arrived a little late for breakfast, which was roughly 2 - 3 mins before breakfast time was up. As I was about to take a slice of bread to eat, RD commanded that all the food be kept and no one was allowed to take any more food. Shocked and stunned, that I obediently returned the slice of bread to the plate. When RD saw how I shock I was, he soften and graciously allowed me to finish my slice of bread, which I gobbled down immediately fearing he may change his mind haha. Well, those were the days. Now that I have known him a little better, I'm no longer intimidated by him and have learned to laugh off his sacastic remarks. =)"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home