Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Ice Cold

I came into work this morning, realising the temperature in the office has been increased. Finally! Someone noticed how cold the office has been, and has collectively decided to do something about it before everyone turns into a block of ice.

In walks my colleague who sits in the adjacent cubicle from me. He comes over and asked me to touch his cold hands! What the??!! You DO NOT ask your female colleague to feel if your hands are cold or not. Man, how weird can he be?? Noticing that he was holding a cup in this right hand, I politely told him that he can go get a cup of hot water and wrap his hands around the cup for warmth. Yet, he insisted that his hands were freezing cold, so out of obligation, I poked it with one finger and immediately withdrew it. Eeeewww. Shivers sped through my spinal cord.

I suppose I haven't pen down the incidents that have unfolded, situations where I've found him most bizarre and too friendly. My encounter with him started on my first day of work, 3.5 months ago. He is a senior process engineer, but have only joined the company 3 weeks earlier than me. It was somewhat good in the sense that we can figure out abbreviations and company jargons, attend trainings and inductions, basically help each other out or get lost together. I thought it was a splendid idea, but now I wished I hadn't.

He will only talk to me about non-work-related stuff when no one is around in the office, claiming that it's to avoid empty winds whispering in the corner. I don't think that's an issue really, unless you've got something to hide. I talk to everyone any time, anywhere, openly. It got so creepy that my friend suggested that I avoid talking to him for a while, which I did almost subtly, but still got picked up by him when he asked me if he did anything wrong because I wasn't talking much to him anymore.

I just got to be more careful. I can sense that he's a friendly sorta guy, in this late 40s, married with 2 kids and loves surfing. But being too friendly gets me suspicious. Maybe I'm just over reacting.

And he just offered me some sweets, while I was in the midst of typing this entry.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahtengahteng...
    what to do, you look so cute sitting there at your office desk. hehe
    Just tell him you have an easily contractable skin disease and he shouldn't come near you.
    Love, yen

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger teng said…

    I wished I cld, but I can't becoz of the obvious. My skin looks too good to be considered contagious! Haha...

    How hv u been? We must catch up

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger teabag said…

    eee...
    is he asian or caucasian?!!

    cheekopek!! u better be careful ok!

    God bless!

    -jan

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger teng said…

    Jan...he's ah moh. I know, I'm more careful with my actions and speech with him. Dunwan to talk to much with him now.

    Will take care...how hv you been? How's your holidays?

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger teabag said…

    YA! angmoh must be extra careful too! they can be like smoooothhh..

    i had this 30somethingyearold LECTURER picking me up, eeks! and hes married la! mygoodness. haiyoh.

    jan has no holidays :( working FT in singapore now, but going back soon i reallyreallyhope! (:

     

Post a Comment

<< Home