Intengible

Just a glance

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Office Musings

My boss is yet again away for the whole week for training purposes. Dennis usually takes over as the acting senior engineer while my boss is absent. He's a funny guy, really...cracks me up all the time, along with my Turkish colleague, Eric. Without them, the office is silent, all you can probably hear are sound of the keyboard buttons typing away, air conditioning humming continously, and the phones over at the mechanical blokes area ringing annoyingly. Somehow they just don't pick up each other's phones like we, the friendly electrical people, do. All the office perks, guess it just makes coming to work all the more enjoyable.

While trying to steal some work hours yesterday for personal reasons:
Me : Hey, Acting Senior...
Dennis: Yes? How can I help you?
Me : Can I leave work earlier today?
Dennis: (with an immediate response) No.
Me : Why not?!
Dennis: Because...I'm the Actor.
Me : (rolling my eyes)I have to let the plumber in. My bathroom got flooded over the weekend.
Dennis: Geez, what happened?
Me : My friend was using the bathtub and water flowed back out through the hole on the floor.
Dennis: Why did you let him use it?
Me : Him? Oh no no, it's a she. She was using the tub to bathe her daughter.
Dennis: Oh now he is a she, eh? Tsk tsk!
Me : Just act as though I'm still at my desk.
Dennis: Alright, off you go.

And the problem has been resolved, with the plumber discovering a plastic cup stuck in the pipes. How did that get there? A mystery.

And with so much time to spare before bedtime, I slumped my butt on the sofa, eyes in front of the telly, switching between programs - the State of Origin rugby game and the 25million dollar hoax show. I don't follow rugby, no safety gear, no proper tactics, just pure bull strength. I find it real boring but since it's NSW vs Qld, it's a big deal to NSW peeps as they haven't lost the best-of-three games match. Guess it was a huge strike to the heart when Qld won the game yesterday, with a magnificent intercept from a poorly passed ball, which cost NSW the game when it was tied at 20all. Nothing much of a bother to me there, guess the situation will be ramped up when the second game is played in NSW next month.

And to get back to the other hoax show I was switching about while doing my office work on my laptop, imagine tricking your family that you won 5million dollars and spending the fake money via card swiping on YOURSELF, and none on your family. An extra condition was also imposed, that if any of your family member hinted that they would very much like a particular item for themselves, then YOU have to buy it for YOURSELF. A selfish act indeed, but that's the whole point of the game, to irratate, frustrate and annoy the shits out of your loved ones, and expect them to continue supporting and turning up for your last money spin on the finale wheel. If just one family member did not turn up, they will lose the prize money.

I was initially thinking "Oh no, not another one of those reality stupid shows" but this one had family values to consider, though really swaying it on the fence but the family supported her all the way, though they really cannot believe the way she's throwing away money by:

1) taking singing lessons when she's got zero talent,
2) buying Lladro sculptures when she knows nuts about art, and
3) getting boob implants when she still actively plays soccer.

And I just love how the father summed up the whole experience:

"Bill Gates is very rich, but I am far richer because of my family - the love, the support, it's priceless."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home