Intengible

Just a glance

Monday, May 30, 2005

$$ concerns

I am still stubborn, refusing day after day to apply for a phone line. A land line that is. I wasn’t bothered initially with standing alone at the phone booth, making a thousand-miles-away phone call to foreverhome. Mum would constantly ask “What IS that sound?” or “What happened just then?” with every booming sound. Just sounds of motors with wheels, zooming past the corner of my eyes as I chatter away. Winter is creeping up real quickly, and I’ll probably won’t be able to stand as long as my conversation would last now that the winds are getting more violent and the temperature is chilling into your bones. Guess I really need to get that line. I’ve been missing out on MSN chats and long email talks. Stealing the company’s internet during lunch times and tea breaks is probably not a long term solution, like what I’m currently doing now….ALT TABing between typing this entry and a supposedly-being-worked-on-computer-screen. No I cannot be caught, and will not be caught.

I’m so appreciative of friends who cook dinners, and I had one really good lamb steak dinner last night, followed by an intense game of ginramy. Amazing how my brains can still find the game so competitive after a long weekend in frustration and utter annoyance at myself, for the lack of research, knowledge, money and power. This will become clearer towards the end of this week, IF what has been agreed on will fall through.

The plane has left for Melbourne, and I’m missing him already. What’s left behind is a pot of curry chicken, made with TLC at 1.30am this morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger teabag said…

    i definitely think u need a phone line hon, making calls with public phones under cold winter sky.. not nice!

    u know what, i will pray for that phoneline.

    hugs*

    -jan

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger teng said…

    Yeah also pray that I will remember to go apply for one! Haha... lazy me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home