Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, June 10, 2005

No offence to all mechanical engineers

“No more of this mechanical stupidity.”

I laughed when Eric made that exclamation as he prepares to take over Ben’s role of ordering stationary and personal protective equipment for the whole floor. Ben is one of the mechanical engineers who resides on the other half of Level 3. I have observed a couple of times now when the stationary order arrived and this morning, in a big cardboard box were four red pens, three highlighters and one puncher. The previous order just a week ago was two folders. Even the freight costs more than the order itself! This apparent “tension” between the electrical and the mechanical guys are just hilarious. Eric will make a perfect replacement to make administration matters right again.

Another incident involving the mecho guys happened about a month ago. I bought the Trading Post one fine Thursday morning to look for some second hand items. I left the paper near the kitchen bench while going for my morning tea. When I realised it was missing, I went back to bench and it was gone. I asked around my colleagues if they had seen my paper and immediately Eric goes “Try the mecho guys…they are the culprits all the time!”. And true enough, one of them had assumed the lost paper was his and not bothered to ask if it belonged to anyone. Tsk tsk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home