Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, June 17, 2005

Transitions are tough

I’m pretty disappointed that I am unable to attend Soph’s wedding. Being stuck here in whoop whoop land, sucks. For starters, I have not accrued enough annual leave to at least spend a week in KL for the wedding and visit my lonely parents. Secondly, I am broke. Coughed up a huge sum of money to pay for insurance yesterday. Is this merely a small taste of working life? Just the tip of the iceberg I reckon. Many more things to think about as a working adult. Arghh! The term “working adult” sounds old. But I find relief when people ask if I’m studying at uni.

I suppose I should look forward to dinner tonight to celebrate the engagement of Dave and Kim.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Terence said…

    ST,

    You could apply for unpaid leave. Not sure about your system in Blue scope but your leave is accrued but you can take your annual leave entitlement. There is no need to accrue sufficient leave before taking it. It's just how the stupid HR system works.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey! i guess that's my rsvp =) that sucks. don't worry, the next time i see you.. you're going through pictures ok? soph

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger teng said…

    Terence, guess my main concern is $$. Oh well, guess I will be saving it for my ticket back to KL.

    Soph, I just found out last weekend that the invites are with EngHui and rsvps are required ASAP...so yup, you've got it here. Your wedding wld be such a blast! =) Remember to make a copy of the video and send to me. Kekekeke

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger teng said…

    heyy I didn't know you had a blog Terence. Was wondering why your name had a link! Haha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home