Intengible

Just a glance

Friday, June 24, 2005

The New Rat Man

…..as they so passionately call it. I thought I was so over uni and studying and reading textbooks. And now I’ve been given this 242-page book during my problem analysis workshop. The New Rational Manager. I don’t read.

Had part of my performance reviewed yesterday with my boss. I actually missed having a probationay period review after starting in the company for three months. My boss didn't conduct it, and I didn't ask. The scoring system is simple. You get one point for performing below standard. Two if you are at standard and three points if you perform way above standard. I didn’t know there were no in between scores. Though I achieved above standard, it’s not close enough to ‘way above standard’ to warrant a three point. Geez. If I knew that, I’ll just be satisfied with achieving two points.

Oh well, Monday is THE DAY where most of my work will be reviewed. Breathe in, breathe out.

Wow. Haven’t wrote an entry for a week. Let’s see what I was up to. Pretty difficult to recap for someone who has a bad short term memory.

Friday 17 June
Attended the engagement celebration of Dave at a Japanese restaurant, without his other half who lives in Melbourne. The guys had earlier gone for drinks at a nearby pub called the Illawarra before proceeding for dinner. I didn’t want to be left out from nosing in on how he proposed to his fiance and how he met her. So I pushed him for the story and everyone turned heads wanting to know too. I was surprised that they didn’t ask him earlier at the pub. Strange, either it must be an Asian thing to be asking how the man meets the woman, or it must have been too noisy in the pub that they could hardly hear each other. But still, I don’t usually hang out with Dave, so I’m even more surprised that his buddies don’t even know.

We headed back to the Illawarra for drinks. It was so noisy that I could hardly hear myself talk. A guy came up to me and asked if I was part of the medical group who was also there. I said no and he proceeded to ask if I could dance with him. Shocked as can be, he must be mad to be picking up Asian chicks in Wollongong but I said maybe, knowing that I would leave the pub pretty soon. Sucker. Haha.

Saturday 18 June
Had home-cooked dinner with Bernard’s parents who are here for a 3month visit. And as usual, a game of mah jong cannot be avoided.

Sunday 19 June
Received a good sermon at church today about honesty in relationships.

Monday 20 June
Problem Analysis Workshop.
Netball game in the evening which we won 19-12.

Tuesday 21 June
Second day of the workshop.

Wednesday 22 June
The usual. Watched The Stepford Wives on dvd. Am so glad I didn’t watch it in the cinemas. Could not keep awake till 10.30pm to watch the match between Marat Safin and Mark Poupou. The looming headache got the better of me.

Thursday 23 June
Extravagant dinner at a church family’s house whom we met last Sunday. They have a beautiful architectural house, lots of space and cleverly furnished.

Friday 24 June
Procrastinating and writing journal entries at work. Naughty me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home